As a homeowner, you never want to experience a number of different disasters, including a home fire, flooding, and, of course, mold. Luckily, there are ways in which you help prevent these disasters from occurring. But this week, we are going to focus on just one: Preventing Mold.
Nobody wants to ever have to deal with mold. It is unsightly. It damages your home. It depreciated home value. And it can cause a wide range of health issues in you and your loved ones, including respiratory problems, allergies, asthma exasperation, skin infections, pneumonia, and much more! Luckily, most mold problems are entirely preventable.
Mold Prevention Tips
- Low Humidity: According to the EPA, humidity levels should be at 30-50%.
- Exhaust Fans: Use these fans in humid areas like you kitchen and bathroom to vent air to the outside of your home instead of the attic.
- Address Water Damage Quickly: Molds need just 24-48 hours to grow. For this reason, it is important to address water damage as soon as possible.
- Repair Roof Leaks: A leaky roof can lead to mold in your attic.
- Clean Gutters: If your gutters are clogged and cannot divert water from your roof, that water may back up into your attic and eventually cause mold.
And that is just the beginning.
If you do find mold in your home, it is important to call a professional mold remediater to deal with the issue as soon as possible. Mold remediation is not a project for the do-it-yourself homeowner. It requires specialized equipment and extensive training.
Chesapeake Environmental Cleaning Systems, LLC.: Your Baltimore Mold Remediater
Chesapeake Environmental employs only certified mold remediaters, who use state-of-the-art procedures and equipment to make sure we get the job done right. At Chesapeake Environmental, we do not cover up mold, WE REMOVE IT!